This article intends to offer a clear overview of the Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage, including features and recommendations. The Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage is a versatile power rack with everything you would need to start working out from home. The cage is equipped with several tools that will make it easy to accommodate just about anyone’s favorite exercise routine while keeping all of your implements in one place. This product can be used by anyone who is familiar with basic exercise equipment. On the other hand, it may have a learning curve for those who are entirely new to the fitness world.
Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage Product Description
The cage is 84 inches tall, 83 inches wide, and 110 inches deep when assembled. It weighs 392 pounds and the user weight capacity is 300 pounds. The rack is constructed of solid steel, as well as the additional implements it comes with. The rack comes with a weight bench, butterfly arms, a preacher pad, a 4-post squat rack, multi-function pulleys, a 6 part foam leg developer, extra weight plate storage, and an exercise guide to get you started.
Any user who has some familiarity with common gym equipment will have an easy time using this product. Those who are completely foreign to exercise will have to learn how to use the equipment. Luckily, though, there is an exercise guide included. The cage can accommodate most common gym exercises, so advanced and beginner exercisers would be able to take advantage of its features.
The Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage is ideal for whole body routines, from lower body strength building to upper body muscle building. We recommend you begin with some compound lower body movements, such as the back squat, and perform 3 sets of 10 reps at a moderate weight. Follow that up with some lower and upper body accessory lifts, such as bench press, leg extension, bicep curls, tricep extensions, and lat pulldowns, just to name a few.
Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage Product Specs
Assembly is required.
The Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage is very low maintenance. Assembly is straightforward and simple, and once the product is put together, there is very little routine maintenance that needs to be performed. If you want it to remain clean and new, you may want to periodically wipe the machine of any dust or sweat that may accumulate from repeated usage. There are quite a few pieces and attachments for this model. So be sure to keep each piece in working order by using it occasionally.
Bonus Read: Best Seated Row Machines
There is a 90-day warranty for parts and labor on this machine. This means you can also return the product within 90 days if you decide you are not satisfied with it and it is still in brand new condition.
The cage comes with a full weight bench that can be adjusted to do incline or decline exercises. The bench has a 6-part foam leg developer that can be taken in and out for lower body exercise. It also has a rolled preacher pad for bicep accessories. It has butterfly press arms to allow for chest work, along with two high-level pulleys and a low pulley for various other exercises using cable implements. Most importantly, it has a smith squat machine that allows you to do compound barbell movements.
Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage Product PROs and CONs
Here is a short list of some important positive and negative aspects of the Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage.
- Sturdy Construction. The body is made of sturdy steel and will hold up through lots of wear and tear.
- Many Accessories. As listed above, the machine comes with several accessories that make it perfect for any workout.
- Low Maintenance. The cage requires very little maintenance beyond the occasional wipe down to keep sweat and dirt off the frame.
- Space Efficient. Although it may seem somewhat bulky, compared to a normal gym, it is quite efficient to have all of your equipment within one unit.
- Relatively Inexpensive. Although it may seem like a lot of money to some, it would be quite easy to drop a huge sum on a home gym. The Weider Smith Cage is a good deal for all the equipment you are receiving
- Assembly Time. You will have to assemble this rack on your own, and this will most likely take you several hours, but once it is put together you never have to fiddle with it again.
- Portability. The cage does not come with wheels when originally bought. This can be a hassle if trying to move it from room to room.
- Very heavy. At almost 400 pounds, be sure you are happy with the location you are placing it in. You might not have the easiest time moving it after that!
- Weights Come Separately. Like most home gyms of this type, you will have to buy your weights separately.
What Buyers Say
User reviews of the Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage have been very positive. Therefore, it seems to satisfy all the needs of its users. It has all the accessories you could need in a home gym. The cage is also reliable and trustworthy in its construction.
The only quarrels with the machine seem to be the long time for assembly (it took some people up to 6 hours), as well as the fact that weights must be bought separately. Once you have the cage assembled and have purchased complementary weights, there is very little more that needs to be done besides following up on your workouts. Overall, buyers seem to be very pleased with the Weider Smith Cage.
If you are looking for a solid, dependable home gym setup, the Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage appears to be a great option. Although it may take you a day to get it assembled, it will more than make up for it with its usefulness in providing you with an effective workout. Whether you want a lower body strength day or an upper body pump session, this cage has all the tools you need to improve your fitness and physique. We recommend this cage to anyone looking for a new home gym.