ProForm 505 CST Treadmill Description
This quality treadmill is designed to get you moving. Beginners can rely on this equipment for their daily workouts. The ProForm 505 CST treadmill includes a folding option that hoists the running platform to a comfortable diagonal so that you can save on floor space when you’re not using it. It is also fitted with a large LCD that displays calorie burn, speed, mileage, time add up, and your heart rate to let you keep track of your workouts.
The treadmill also comes with 18 workout apps, from which you choose. The tread belt is also spacious enough to allow a comfortable workout – it measures 20 x 55 inches. This treadmill comes with QuickSpeed controls that let you choose from 0 to 10 Mph. Its deck area is fitted with ProShox cushioning to allow you to work out comfortably for longer. Moreover, its handlebars are fitted with hand-grip sensors that track your heart rate throughout your workout session. Interestingly, the ProForm 505 CST treadmill is designed with a compatible music port for your iPod. As such, you can enjoy your favorite tunes as you work out.
Bonus read: Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 Review
ProForm 505 CST Specs
ProForm 505 CST Treadmill Useful Information
- A lifetime frame warranty;
- 25-year motor warranty;
- 1-year assorted parts warranty;
- 1-year labor warranty.
This means that this is a long-lasting product that will serve you for long. You will also get to save on spare parts and maintenance.
This treadmill can be accessorized with iFit. The ProForm 505 comes fitted with 18 workout programs that can help you go through your workout routine with ease. However, you can upgrade it with iFit. This is an excellent program that is powered by Google Maps. Basically, it allows you to compete online with other users from all over the world who are iFit members. You can also use it to train. It also features customized workout routines from Jillian Michaels. To use it, however, you need to buy the adapter.
ProForm 505 CST Pros and Cons
Just like any other equipment, this treadmill also has its upsides and downsides. We will go through each of them to help you make a sound decision. You can then decide if it is worthwhile or not.
- Price: Compared to other treadmills, the price of ProForm 505 is quite reasonable. This is a reputable brand whose impressive value matches up to the tag.
- Program variety: For a beginner’s treadmill, this fitness equipment has 18 built-in programs, which is quite impressive. You can use any of these programs to achieve desired outcomes.
- Folding design: The ProForm 505 has a folding design that makes it ideal for storing in small places. This design also helps you save on space.
- Warranty: The warranty on this equipment is quite impressive. It features a lifetime warranty on the frame, 25 years on the motor, and 1 year on parts.
- Audio capabilities: The treadmill comes with two speakers. It also has iPod compatibility.
- The treadmill comes with a powerful motor of 2.5 HP.
- It does not have a wireless heart rate monitoring.
- The equipment’s assembly can take you up to 2 hours.
- It can only do speeds of up to 10 mph.
- The display on the treadmill is basic compared to other models.
What Buyers Say
Some users say that this treadmill features excellent performance because it’s fitted with some cushioning. This feature softens the blow to your knees and feet when you’re exercising. On the other hand, others say that the treadmill does not measure the heart rate accurately. Its inability to measure a user’s heart rate makes it unreliable.
Other users say that it is too heavy. However, it has a good price while most of its features have excellent quality. Other users report that the speakers it comes with are not very good although they are louder than smartphone speakers are.
Some buyers have expressed disappointments because of the ProForm 505’s poor durability. Most users reveal that it stopped working after less than two years of use. Despite its relatively short life, the treadmill works greatly, and its assembly instructions are easy to follow.
Despite its shortcomings, the ProForm 505 CST is an ideal choice for entry-level individuals who are looking for a pocket-friendly fitness equipment. This is a fitness option that will present its users with excellent value. The warranty it comes with will save you greatly and is recommended for cardio training. The ProForm 505 is compatible with an iPod, and it features iFit compatibility to give you a wide range of workout options. Moreover, it has great features that can only be found on high-end treadmills. Overall, the ProForm 505 CST is a reliable treadmill that will cater for your workout needs.