In this review of the CB-729 Olympic Weight Bench, we will take an in-depth look at its features, specifications, accessories, and uses. We want to offer you a clear overview of this product so that you can decide if it’s the right workout bench for your home gym.
The right weight bench can help you improve muscle tone, increase muscle size, build endurance, and more. If you’re looking for the ideal home workout weight bench, you’ve come to the right place.
The Competitor CB-729 Olympic Weight Bench was designed to give you a full body workout from the comfort of your home. It can hold up to 600 pounds and has been padded with high-density foam for maximum comfort.
It can be utilized by both intermediate and advanced users and has many functions. Below we will review this bench and all of its features and accessories.
COMPETITOR CB-729 OLYMPIC WEIGHT BENCH DESCRIPTION
Competitor CB-729 Olympic Weight Bench
The Competitor CB-729 Olympic Weight Bench has many appealing features and seems to come at a very affordable price point. It has a 5-position adjustable back so that you’re able to alter your workout routine as you see fit.
Independently adjustable height crutches utilize a quick release pop-pin knob helping you to adjust the bench settings to your favorite positions easily. You can perform many different training exercises like chest presses, incline lifting, and military positions.
A dual-functioning leg developer helps you take care of your lower body as well. Padded foam rollers keep your ankles and knees from chaffing and bruising.
The high-density foam padding helps to reduce muscle fatigue and stay stable from many different positions as well. Premium powder coated steel construction means that you can use it every day if you want to.
Lastly, the Olympic weight plate posts let you use weights larger than many other benches allow and hold up to 600 pounds.
- 5-POSITION ADJUSTABLE BACK PAD - The Competitor Olympic Bench has a multi-position back pad that can be altered to suit...
- DUAL-FUNCTION LEG DEVELOPER - This bench has a dual-action leg developer to boost your lower body. It also comes with...
- HIGH-DENSITY FOAM PADDING - Marcy's Competitor Bench is made with thick 2-inch pads to let you exercise comfortably. It...
This bench can be used for many different workout routines. We recommend starting at your lowest weight limit and working your way up to heavier limits.
Increasing sets and repetition slowly over time is a smart way to avoid strain and joint damage. Weight bench routines usually involve rotating different exercises throughout the week.
For instance, with this bench, you can start by doing bench presses, lying tricep extensions, and floor presses on day one, squats and deadlifts on day two, and rowing and hammer curls on day three.
On day four, focus on leg workouts to ensure that you’re targeting all muscle groups. Finish between 5-8 reps for each exercise and increase your weight limits weekly adding additional exercises at your own pace.
COMPETITOR CB-729 OLYMPIC WEIGHT BENCH SPECIFICATIONS
67.00 x 45.00 x 50.00 inches
Powder coated steel
Extra thick foam padding, adjustable back pad, dual-function leg-developer
Maintaining this bench is pretty easy. Wipe it down after use and oil each part to avoid rust and corrosion. If you are using it outdoors, avoid letting it sit in direct sunlight to preserve foam padding. If this is the case, you can order parts for replacement separately.
Bonus read: Gazelle Edge Elliptical Glider Review
Limited two-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials and workmanship is included with the Competitor CB-729 Olympic Weight Bench. (2-year Impex Warranty).
There are a few accessories that come with this bench including foam pads, leg-developer, and adjustable height crutches with pop pin knobs.
COMPETITOR CB-729 OLYMPIC WEIGHT BENCH PROS AND CONS
Every product has its strong and weak points. Let’s take a look at a few that represent this model.
WHAT BUYERS ARE SAYING
It may be helpful to know what other users are saying about this bench. Users seem to generally like this bench, and most reviews are pretty positive. Below, we have summarized some of the reviews that we have found the most helpful.
“I was previously using a standard flat weight bench. It turns out the adjustable position bench works much better. It’s a lot more comfortable than my last bench in many ways. The padding is good and the decline position is fantastic for building your back. The 4th incline works great with the leg section also. It was easy to put together and I like the quality. Worth the money, and I’d buy it again if I had to, though it looks like this one will be lasting forever.” – Lance
” Easy to set up, and looked nice in my workout room. I didn’t find it wobbly or unstable at all. There is no flat position, though I have learned that I don’t really need one. Probably the best bench out there for the price.” – Charles
“I love this bench. It has replaced my old weight bench and seems to be really well made.” – Matt
All in all, it seems that this bench is a good option for the money. Competitor CB-729 Olympic Weight Bench has pretty much everything you’d need in a weight bench and can hold more weight than many of its competitors.
Though it doesn’t include weights, it seems to fit just about all weight set brands and specifications. Moreover, it’s easy to assemble and durable with good padding and easy adjustment settings. We would recommend this for users who plan to use weight sets of over 300 lbs.
- The Bowflex 5.1 Adjustable Bench is an outstanding addition to any workout space
- Transform any space into a personal free weight fitness center
- Adjusts to six different positions, 17-degree decline to 90-degree incline
- GREAT FOR A FULL-BODY WORKOUT - The adjustable utility bench from Marcy is ideal for working out and building up the...
- DELUXE-BOXED UPHOLSTERY -This utility bench is made from premium-quality materials. It has a powder-coated steel frame...
- ADJUSTABLE SIX-POSITION BACK PAD - The back pad is highly adjustable and can be set to different angles to help perform...
- STRONG AND STABLE: Our heavy-duty 1,000 lb ASTM rated flat weight bench is essential equipment for any home or light...
- PERFECT SUPPORT FOR LIFTING: The pad measures 12 inches wide, and the stable 16 inch base makes it ideal for back...
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Our flat bench is constructed from 11 gauge steel with a thick plywood base layer (NOT particle board...