In this article, we’ll be taking a look at features like ease of use, ease of assembly, and exercise options to determine which stationary exercise bikes are worth a busy consumer’s time. The current market is saturated with great bikes, though only a few rise to the level of being the best.
7. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
If you’re going to look for the best stationary exercise bike, it might be a good idea to start with something simple. This bike from Sunny Health and Fitness might not have many extras, but it does work very well. It’s a simple, easy-to-use exercise bike that can help almost anyone to get in shape. The design is ideal for those with a little extra permanent exercise room in their homes, though it does still have a relatively small profile. Consider this bike if you’re looking for a no-frills exercise experience.
- Easy step-through design
- Relatively comfortable seat
- Relatively easy to assemble
- Relatively low maximum weight
- No distance counter
- Does require some upkeep if you want to keep it functional
6. Merax Fitness Indoor Cycling Trainer Exercise Bike
If you’re looking for something with multiple tracking features, this might be the best stationary exercise bike for you. The big feature for this one is the LCD screen, which keeps track of multiple data types and allows you to make use of several different fitness programs. While the technological touches are nice, they’d be useless if it weren’t for the fact that this is a fairly high-quality bike. Easy to ride and to move, it’s also one of the better-looking exercise bikes on the market.
- Great tracking system
- Easy to move thanks to the wheels
- Interesting aesthetic
- Seat is very uncomfortable
- Doesn’t feel terribly stable
- Fairly loud bike
5. Sunny Health & Fitness Foldable Semi Recumbent Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
If your primary concern with an exercise bike is space, this might be the best stationary exercise bike for you. This unit from Sunny Health and Fitness has the same high-quality construction you’d expect from the company’s other bikes, but can easily be folded and put away. Unlike some other bikes, it also has the ability to give you a full body workout thanks to the included fitness bands. This may not quite bit a gym-in-a-box, but it can be a great tool for those who don’t have much extra space to store fitness equipment.
- Great space-saving design
- Fitness bands for full-body workout
- Good digital monitor
- Tough to use if you’re shorter
- Pedals can break easily
- Some issues with stability
4. JOROTO Indoor Cycling Bike Trainer
If you’re looking for something that looks and feels like a professional product, this stationary bike from JOROTO may be the best stationary exercise bike for you. It looks like something straight out of a high-end gym and it honestly feels like that’s where it belongs. Aesthetics aside, it’s actually a very solid piece of work that can allow almost anyone to have a great workout. Though it’s low on the high-tech monitoring toys, it does provide multiple resistance levels and can allow you to get the perfect workout for your goals.
- Great look for the price
- Easy to assemble on your own
- Has a tablet/book stand
- Not useful for taller people
- Flywheel design can lead to injury if used incorrectly
- Lack of high-end monitoring systems
We’ve got even more bikes for you!
3. XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike
Some of the best exercise bikes are the simplest. This foldable bike from XTERRA is short on the extra features, but really stands out where it counts. It’s a foldable bike, but it’s also a bike that will allow you to push yourself beyond your limits. Consider it to be the ultimate stationary bike for those with little room and perhaps the best stationary exercise bike for those who don’t want any extra technology between themselves and their exercise gear. This is definitely a stand-out among the foldable bikes currently on the market.
- Very small size profile
- Very durable
- Very comfortable seat
- Display isn’t as functional as you would hope
- Can be difficult to get on if you are shorter
- Warranty is not very reliable
2. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
This folding bike from Exerpeutic is perhaps the best stationary exercise bike for anyone who is trying to get in shape no matter what their size. With a larger seat and a higher weight capacity, this folding bike is a great tool for working on cardio even if you’re a bit larger than those using most folding bikes. Even beyond the size constraints, this is an excellent bike that makes it easy to work out and stow away from the equipment when you are done.
- Very quiet ride
- Very compact design
- Easier to move than you would expect
- Pedals can snap under high pressure
- Won’t stand up to very intense usage
- Seat can’t be swapped out
1. L NOW Upright Bike Magnetic Resistance Exercise Bike
This bike makes a very compelling argument for being the best stationary exercise bike available today. It does a little bit of everything, all without sacrificing utility. It’s relatively small and can be stored away with ease, but still provides a great workout experience. Consider this bike to be a perfect example of what a good exercise bike should do both when it is in use and when it has to be tucked away. Whether you’re looking for something easy to use or something that will help you build up a sweat, this may well be the bike for you.
- Looks great
- Good maximum weight
- Very quiet
- Low maximum resistance
- Can be difficult to ride if you are too tall or short
- Definitely stands out
These seven bikes all have a lot to offer users. They are not, however, the only bikes on the market. Whether you have opinions about these bikes or you know of others that deserve a spot in the top seven, make sure to get in contact with us and let us know how you feel.