In this article, we’ll be taking a look at seven of the best recumbent exercise bikes on the market, ranging from the user-friendly Marcy Recumbent to the tech-heavy Schwinn and Exerpeutic. We will look at factors like ease of use, ease of assembly, and even extra features to determine which of these bikes is most worth your time.
7. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
If you’ve ever wanted a look at a standard recumbent exercise bike, this bike from Marcy fits the bill. While it isn’t particularly fancy, it gets the job done. This is a bike that’s relatively easy on the back, but has enough exercise options that it can allow anyone to push himself or herself to new fitness goals. Consider this the best recumbent exercise bike if you aren’t looking for something too advanced.
- Multiple resistance levels
- Comfortable seat
- Easy to read computer screen
- No extra computer functions
- Hard to adjust
- Not great for shorter people
6. Body Xtreme Fitness Exercise Bike
If you’re looking for simplicity, this might be a good place to start. While many modern recumbent bikes have high-tech monitors and LCD screens, this is more of a pure exercise bike. It straddles the line between being a consumer and commercial model, though, which ensures that it can put up with quite a bit of abuse. When it comes to looks, though, this one may well be the best recumbent exercise bike on the market today.
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/Body-Xtreme-Fitness-Equipment-Resistance/
- Looks great
- Very simple design
- Has great extras like a water bottle holder
- The seat is not very comfortable
- No monitor display
- Harder to put together than most would like
5. Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
While you might not think of Schwinn when you think of exercise bike, the traditional bike maker’s brand is actually one of the leaders in recumbent exercise bike construction. This unit is a good example of what you can expect from the brand, with all the bells and whistles. It’s even got Bluetooth connectivity, making it one of the most tech-friendly bikes out there.
- 25 different levels of resistance
- Multiple fitness programs
- Has a built-in speaker and USB port
- Repeated shipping issues
- Bad customer service
- Some issues with the heart-rate monitor
4. Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
One of the big problems with the average recumbent exercise bike is that it’s difficult to store. That’s what makes this one so special, though – it can easily be folded up and stored away when not in use. While that does mean that it’s short on the usual bells and whistles, it also means that you won’t have to worry about the bike when it’s not in use. Consider this one the best recumbent exercise bike for those who don’t have much extra room in their homes.
- Easy to store.
- Has a good LCD screen for fitness information
- 8-level magnetic tension system is useful
- Hard to use if you’re tall
- Customer support isn’t responsive
- Tends to be squeaky
3. Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
Another great unit from Schwinn, this recumbent bike definitely stands among the best on the market today. It has a number of fantastic pre-set workout programs to help you do your best while riding, an easily-adjustable seat, and enough resistance levels of give anyone a good workout. This is definitely the best recumbent exercise bike for those who want to step up their fitness tracking game.
- Goal tracking system is great.
- Has a USB port for charging electronics while exercising
- The seat is very easy to adjust
- Difficult to assemble
- Issues with heart rate monitor
- Plastic pieces feel cheap
2. Exerpeutic 1000 High Capacity Magnetic Recumbent Bike
This is another candidate for the best recumbent exercise bike on the market. It’s got a very user-friendly design, one that allows a user to step on and off the bike with ease. The adjustable seat makes it easy for individuals of all heights to use the bike, while the varying levels of magnetic resistance make a good fit for both fitness novices and those who are already in great shape. This is a fantastic exercise bike for almost anyone.
- Easy to move thanks to wheels
- Step-through design
- Good choice of different resistance levels
- Display can be difficult to read
- Assembly instructions aren’t useful
- Seat can be hard to adjust
1. Efitment Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
Perhaps the best recumbent exercise bike out there today, this bike from Efitment checks all of the boxes. It’s not only very easy to use, but it provides a number of level of resistance that allow riders a chance to get more utility out of the device even as they improve their fitness levels. Large but easy to adjust, it’s a great fit for almost anyone.
- Easy to adjust.
- Great step-through design
- Eight levels of magnetic resistance
- Very easy to assemble.
- Maximum weight of 300lbs
- Short on pre-programmed options
- Heavy to move.
These seven recumbent exercise bikes are among the best on the market. Whether you’re looking for something simple or something that will really allow you to push yourself, you’ll find it here. These are only a few of the bikes on the market, though, and you might have your own favorites. For us, it’s the Efitment Magnetic bike. But if you know something about these bikes – or have others that deserve a spot on the list – make sure to share your thoughts with us today.